Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Dance of Universe and other events).


Dance of the Universe. 2014. Fused glass. 185 cm x 125 cm (6 ft x 4 ft)

Dance of the Universe is a melody that I “hear” as an artist. On the bottom, you will see the melodic pattern that is gradually rising and moving into space. On the top left corner, you see the face of Johann Sebastian Bach, for his work of the “Art of Fugue" inspired this project. On the right side, you can see the tectonic map of Earth. Being a geologist, it’s as if I am reading music notes. I was trying to incorporate this tectonic map into the “Dance of the Universe” as an abstract drawing. This way, even with no knowledge of geology or tectonic plates the observer can enjoy the design. When I look at this map, I see the Earth alive and part of a universal melody. The wavy patterns are like lines in sheet music while the planets and the galaxies are the notes themselves. On the Arctic part of the Earth, one can see a woman staring into the night sky while a small boy is off playing by himself; this is my son and I.

It is scheduled to be presented in a Gala concert dedicated to the 20th anniversary of Montreal’s International Art Festival “Maple Leaves” on September 13, 2014. More art projects incorporating this technique will be presented at my personal exhibition on September 26-28, 2014, held by Vandart Art Gallery.


I've got an award as a Discovery of the Year from the Russian Business Community, called Prestige (or Russian Oscar) and signed Golden book of Montreal. Very busy). 




2 comments:

  1. Excellent Julia, excellent!!!!! This is great news, I'm so glad to hear these exciting news! Amazing work, as always I can't believe the intensive work......the amazing vision. I will try my most to see this gallery exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I would love to see you there)

    ReplyDelete